Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tuesday, January 2, 1945

Happy New Year, 1945!  They finally got their packages form my Great-Grandma and Great Aunt Peggy.  Grandma went onto describe in full detail what the package entailed.

"We received the package form you, Peg, with the candy, perfume, and shaving soap and powder."

I understand letting people know that you are grateful for the items you have received, but the endless lists just drives me bonkers.  I guess when I incessantly plan things months to years in advance that could push some other people's buttons as well.  Well, moving on!

Now there is further news in the Beverly wedding saga.  We are back on!

"Well, I guess Beverly is going to be married after all.  She got a ring for Xmas.  She will marry the same boy.  They are both Catholics and are now waiting for the wedding to be announced in their churches.  She isn't telling everyone until she is sure, so don't send her a present until I tell you to, because I don't trust her anymore.  When she is married I will believe it, but I will have to go to the wedding to be sure."

Grandma always liked for the facts to be laid out in front of her. Heaven Forbid a plan change.  She did have one little last bit of information for my Great- Grandma and Aunt.

"I didn't feel good last night and went to bed.  I fooled you, Peggy, I had the cramps real bad.  You won't be an Aunty or a Grandma yet.  I wish you were but no soap yet.  In a way I hope that Bud and I can get home once when we are both (out of) the Navy."

Grandma has a couple more years yet before she becomes a mother!

1 comment:

  1. "No soap yet" ! Love that expression. Soap was difficult to get during the war so that's a great analogy too:-)

    ReplyDelete