Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thursday, January 13, 1944

It's always hard to return from vacation.  Especially if that vacation had you traveling for four days both ways just for 6 days to see your family you haven't seen in a year.

"Well, this is my 4th day to be back to work & I'd give anything to be sleeping late every morning.  It about kills me off to get up early in the morning.  I guess I was spoiled by sleeping late while home.  Now all I'm looking forward to is another leave."

Beverly and Grandma are experiencing the return from leave-itis.  They haven't gone out much because all they do when they get back to the barracks is crawl into their bunks and fall asleep.

"We haven't been doing anything but going to bed cause we are both tired."

Grandma is so tired all she can talk about is going back to sleep and the hair brush she received as a Christmas present.  

"I have been brushing my hair every day 50 strokes.  I surely like that brush."

The 50 or 100 hair brush strokes a day thing always intrigued me.  Does it actually make your hair shiny and fuller?  I researched the history behind it and it worked back in the day when women washed their hair only once a month.  With the advent of wonderful hair care and the ability to take heated showers daily if we want to, it just means that amount of brushing can cause more hair care harm than good.  Sorry, Grandma's letter was so short and I get a little dotty at times that researching hair brushing struck my fancy.  Also, I am listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  Judge me as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment