Monday, June 9, 2014

Tuesday, July 11, 1944

Great Aunt Peggy's arrival is  success!  I know Grandma is happy to have her there even after all the lecturing.  You could always tell that Grandma and Great Aunt Peggy enjoyed each other's company.  Their bond was on such a level that a few glances and eye twitches communicated their interpretation of current events over the last decade.  Or maybe they were just commenting about the horrible event someone decided to wear and lamenting their choice.

"I am so sorry for being so slow in writing to you but I have been so busy at the office, and then with Peggy here, my evening are filled and the time seems to fly.  I got to leave work early so I could meet her.  She was dirty but she looked nice and seemed well and in good spirits.  We talked 50 miles an hour I think.  Bud and Andy came down to the depot and carried her bags for her.  We went right to the apartment and she cleaned up.  Then we took a swim in the ocean too. She loves the apartment and likes it so well here.  I suppose that she has written and told you all about it.  She hasn't been in Miami, but just once, and that was to get her reservations.  She will leave here on the 8th of August.  That was the soonest she could get out of here on the fast train.  She is pretty well rested up now so she going to come down and meet everyone."

Although Great Aunt Peggy is visiting, Grandma still misses her mother.  She cannot help but brag about her mother, or as she puts it, "putting on the dog."

Bud and Andy haven been entertaining us and she likes them a lot.  Bud said that you were a very observant woman because Peg was reading one of your letters where you told all about Ruth's husband and since you had seen him only the one time and gave such a full description of him he thinks your are very observant, so I told him you were a very brilliant woman and very well educated.  You can just hear me putting on the dog can't you?"

The wedding Grandma told Great Aunt Peggy to skip took place in Missoula finally.  Grandma is so happy for the Timms and the newly weds.  What I want to point out is Grandma's admission about Grandpa!

"I only hope that you will approve of my choice, and on the QT it might be Bud."

GET MARRIED ALREADY!

Grandma and Grandpa
On June 9, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment