Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday, July 2, 1944

I don't know if y'all watch Call the Midwife, but the series 3 finale really knocked me on my tuchus this evening.  Obviously, motherhood is a major theme in Call the Midwife, but tonight's episode explored the ever complicated relationship between a mother and her daughter.  As every woman knows, the relationship one has with her mother is always complicated.  (Sorry to use the word twice but there really is no other way to describe it)  We are the closest person a mother has to a twin.  We share the same language and read their emotions like a guide book.  We hold our mother's as our best critique and our most avid supporter.  Essentially, mother's are the dichotomies in our lives.  We cannot live without them, but in the end we must.

My mom is the reason I started this blog, and watching Call the Midwife this evening reminded me of that.  So, thank you Call the Midwife for inspiring me to pick up my pen in the name of my Mom once again.

Now, let's move forward with the story of my Mom's mom and bring her back into the foreground.  Let's move forward with Great Aunt Peggy's journey from Montana.

Great Aunt Peggy is making her way across the country and is soon to be in or is already in Chicago, IL.

"Peg must be getting close to Chicago or should be there now.  I bet she is getting rather excited.  I know I am so anxious to see her & show her Miami."

The luggage should arrive sooner than Great Aunt Peggy, so I know Grandma will busy herself with that.  It will giver her something to do with all of her nervous energy. She also refers to Grandpa and their friend Andy as her bellhops.

I'm sorry to say that this is again a shorter letter, I wish Grandma had more to say so I had more to tell you.  On the other hand, sobbing my eyes out with my Mom to Call the Midwife just plum wore me out.  So, good evening friends and hug your mothers close.

Good Night and Good Luck.

...

(I always wanted to exit that way)

No comments:

Post a Comment