Monday, November 24, 2014

Thursday, October 26, 1944

Grandma and Grandpa finally have their apartment!  They're all moved in and ready to relax.

"Our apartment is darling.  It is very cool too.  We are going to see if someone has a camera that will take pictures indoors and we will try to get some pictures of it.  It has a large living room with a dinette, kitchen (you scrub it with a toothbrush) a large bedroom, a large bath and two closets.  It has very nice furniture too.  We are so pleased with it and it is very nice.  We have gas stove and water heater."

This whole no central air thing in Miami blows my mind.  I cannot imagine living without that.  Who wants to do that?!

Dieting is part of my familial history.  I can remember setting up a dieting system for my mother and I at the age of 11.  My mother inherited it from my Grandmother.

"I am on a reducing diet now.  I started yesterday.  It is called the $1,000 Wonder Diet.  The lady in my office went on it and you lose a pound a day.  She has lost 25 pounds.  It is a good diet and you don't even get hungry.  It was devised for a man with heart trouble so you can see it is not injurious.  I will send  you a copy of it if you want me to so you could go on it.  It is a good diet and I hope to be down to 115 instead of my 135.  I know that I will look and feel a lot better."

The women in my family trade diet plans like they're baseball cards.  In general, the way women talk about diet plans hasn't changed in 70 years.

In other non-weight loss news, Grandma and Grandpa have been married for a month.  They're just enjoying their time together.  

"We have been married a month today.  We aren't going to do anything tho.  We are going to have supper and then sit and enjoy our apartment.  We like it so well that we have no desire to go out."

Ah, the honeymoon period.


No comments:

Post a Comment