Thursday, November 6, 2014

Friday, October 20, 2014

There are changes after a couple gets married.  New daily rituals, a new person all up in your personal space, and hurricanes.  You always have to watch out for those Post-nuptial hurricanes.

"We had a hurricane scare here and they boarded everything up but the hurricane changed its course and didn't strike.  I was on duty until 11 o'clock Wednesday night.  Comdr. Hagen, my new boss, let me have Bud up here with me,  I made coffee for the officers and answered the phone and had a good time.  The wind got up to 75 miles an hour for awhile.  I am glad that it never struck here tho cause I don't think it would be too nice.  It didn't do any damage though."

In spite of the hurricane threat, Grandma and Grandpa received some good news.  They finally have an apartment they can move into! Maybe.

"Bud and I got some good news yesterday.  I think that we will be able to move into our apartment on Sunday for sure this time.  I certainly hope so, because I hate to live in just a room.  It is so expensive too.  We are paying as much for our room as it would cost us for our apartment.  Our apartment is $60 a month.  We have a telephone too.  Our number is 2-3847.  So if you ever call us up you better keep the number.  I had to pay a $15 deposit before they would install the phone, but we will get it back when it is taken out."

These 1944 prices are amazing!  I know there's a huge adjustment for inflation, but just imagine only paying $60 a month for an apartment now.  You would probably rent a shoe box in someone's dingy basement.

Now that Grandma is happily married she wants everyone to be happily married!  She especially wants Great Aunt Peggy to be married so they can hang out and be married together.

"Mother, you told me to send that prayer to Peggy when she gets married, and what I want to know is when is that girl going too get married.  She doesn't know what she is missing."

When you're happy, you want everyone else to be happy exactly the same way you are.

My favorite photo of Grandma and Grandpa


No comments:

Post a Comment